Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Nearly Done with New Banner

I've been working on a new banner for my Artfire studio and  my blog.  I think I've been working on it forever! Originally, I had planned on using watercolors, but I ended up using color pencils instead. I've been having quite a bit of fun with them.  Although, I do get frustrated with them when sharpening - they tend to break real easily.













The art for the banner it is too large for the scanner bed.  I'm hoping I can get a good photograph of it.  Also, I see from this picture a lot of the details are getting lost when shrinking it down.  But, I think it will still work.  I am almost done with.  After that I need to do the avatar.  Once I finish both, I'm going to do some revamping of my Artfire Studio. 


But, spring is slowing me down!  The weather is nice and the outdoors keeps calling me!  Like right now. . .

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love that!
    Do you use an electric sharpener with your colored pencils? I use prismacolor and the electric sharpener seems to work better with them than the other kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you :) I never thought to use an electric sharpener - I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete