Friday, May 20, 2011

My Garden - Image Heavy!

Wow, it's been over a month since I last posted!  Spring has really gotten to me - I've been doing some serious gardening! It's just so wonderful to be outside.



Part of my moon garden. White, cream and light colored flowers in this section.  I found some white flowering thyme last week to add to it!


I'm working on replacing the grass path (what a pain to mow) that runs through the moon garden with pavers.



Lupines! I started these from seeds last year.  I can't believe how big they are!


 This is my mini rock garden.  Featuring a very large bowl we bought in Springdale Utah. Unfortunately, it did not survive intact, the move from California to Washington.


View of my veggie garden. 


Yummy lettuce!


Chive blossoms.  These things reseed like mad!  The blossoms are edible and have a very pungent onion taste. I love them!

That's all the pictures for now - I'll have more to post later.

I'm nearly caught up in the garden.  I have a few more plants to stick in the ground, and seeds to fling here and there.  Plus the moon-garden path to finish.  Not really that bad compared to a couple of months ago.  I was pretty frustrated with it.  Never did a proper fall clean up of the veggie beds.  And I thought I had lost all my roses to cold weather.  Most of them are bouncing back.  Only lost two at this point.


2 comments:

  1. Great garden! Love the lupines and the chive blossoms. Good to you to have a veggie garden too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you :) I love working on the garden this time a year. So much, I don't get anything else done.

    ReplyDelete