Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Freeform necklace


This necklace has been waiting a couple of months to be finished. All it needed was the clasp. *sigh* I couldn't decide what sort of clasp it needed. I finally ended up with an inexpensive copper clasp that is fairly understated.

The next time I do this sort of necklace, I want to think about the clasp at the beginning. Make it more part of the design.

I am please with how this turned out. I have done other free-form items, and some better than others. I guess it's the nature of "free-form". I enjoy making these, even if they are time consuming.

I am thinking of trying Bead embroidery to make a necklace or bracelet. I have Lacey's Stiff Stuff (I think that's what it is called) and some suede scraps. Now, all I need is the time.

First I have a polymer clay project or two (or 100) I need to be finishing. Perhaps I should spend less time on the Facebook games? Gads, I'm such a game addict (Don't even ask me about Lineage).

Anyway, here is my first free-form project, with a doughnut from my 3rd (I think) batch of polymer clay beads.

Okay, time to walk away from the keyboard, get some sleep and then do something creative in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment