Thursday, September 10, 2009

In Process


I've been fussing over this necklace for 3 days now. I wonder, do others have this problem? Taking forever to work out a design?

I like the color combination and where it is going, but I'm not sure how to pull it all together.

Currently the polymer clay beads and dangly bits are strung on leather cord, but I think I going to change that to silk. I'm thinking that the back part will be chain.

Of course I may change my mind and string it all on a simple cord and be done. But, I like the accent string with the Czech fire-polished beads and seed beads. And that will involve crimp beads. *Shudders* Maybe I need put it aside for a bit (again) and think on it some more.



Looking through various magazines, blogs and websites, I see a lot of wonderful work. Do other jewelry makers spend this much time designing one piece? I'm sure it's all very personal - adding some of this and some of that and a pinch of this, then have it pull all together and not be an overwhelming hodgepodge.

I need to practice more - make more necklaces, bracelets and earrings. I know it's all about practice, practice, practice.

Sometimes I tend to over-think things, which is what I'm doing with this current necklace. Then I get bogged down and don't accomplish anything. I'm sure I'm not alone out there. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment