Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bead Show Haul

I'm a bit slow getting back into the swing of things.  Been home a week and I've just been lazy.  Here is my haul from the Portland Bead Fest plus a few random things from a bead shop in Hood River.


On the left are some hand died silk ribbons, chain, WireLace, copper beads, pewter beads and 4 Swarovski stars.

In the center are some inexpensive turquoise beads and a fossil (no clue what it is) sliced in half.  These came from Sparkling Creations in Hood River.

On the right are some glass beads, copper heishi like beads, Roman glass beads (just had to have them) seed bead size turquoise, seed bead size lapis and some base metal beads. 



Closeup of the fossil - it looks kind of like a chambered nautilus.  But, I don't really know what it is.




Close up of some of the beads.  The multicolor ones and cobalt blue ones I plan to use as accent beads with the polymer clay.  They have large holes and should work well with leather and other thicker stringing material.


Hopefully I'll get my butt in gear and have some new things to post.  I have a couple of little projects I worked on during the trip that I'm nearly done with.  Since getting home, I've made three, count them three, polymer clay beads.  I'm might even get them in the oven by the end of the year, lol

But,  I've been working on  the painting!  I actually stand a good chance of finishing it. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment