Friday, October 1, 2010

Freeform Friday

Me wearing triangle  shawl
 I did some random knitting over the summer.  I don't usually knit that much in the summer - it's too warm!  This wrap was actually done during Sept. for a  KAL (knit along)  with the Jane Thornley group over at Ravelry

It is done using "freerange" knitting.  It's a lot of fun!  Mine is done with inexpensive acrylic yarn - I just can't afford the real yummy stuff!

Jane also held a "Summer Vacation Knit Along".  My bad, I entered at the last minute.  And won yarn! Three winners where drawn at random.  The yarn I received is so yummy!  The picture does not in any way do it justice!

Two of those skeins would be great for the Autumn KAL which starts today.  Problem is it the nicest yarn in my stash.  I can't afford to buy yarn to go with it.  AND I"m not using cheap yarn with it. I'm going to slowly work on adding yarns  to go with it.

You can go check out her group at:  Jane's group on Ravelry  But, you have to be register on Ravelry to access anything! Here is the Ravelry website. And here is Jane's website.  Go and see what freerange knitting is about! It's a lot of fun. If you are at all interested in knitting (or crocheting or spinning or weaving), I would recommend Ravelry. 
Yarn from Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment