Monday, October 25, 2010

What my Muse Has Been Doing


I've let the muse loose a bit the last few days.  One of my favorite type of projects is free form peyote stitch, but it is very time consuming.   I've been working on this bracelet for about 3-4 days now.  Using my new favorite color combination - purple and copper!

I have no idea what it will look like until it's done! It's so much fun to see them progress.

The other thing I've been working on is dragons.  This little gal is based on the tutorial in the Christi Friesen book "Dragons".  Her work is so charming!  And I generally don't do "cute" to terribly well.  Usually when I try it has some weirdness to it.  Sort of zombie cute.

Anyway, this dragon appears to have some cuteness about her, although the combo of the feathers and tail texture looks a little weird.  Part bird, part sea dragon.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this, but it's fun!  I'm also gradually working up to doing more sculptural items.  So we will see what the muse does!

No comments:

Post a Comment