Friday, August 26, 2011

Polymer Clay Smooshers and Watermelon

Summer is slowly winding down. One of my favorite things about summer is the fruit!  I'm hoping someday that my backyard will yield an abundance of fruit.

Currently, I'm waiting (impatiently I might add) for my itty-bitty watermelons to become nice size watermelons and ripen.  Before the onset of cold weather would be good!  In previous years I haven't had much luck with that.  They end up getting blasted by frost.  I may just have to hit up the local fruit stand this week.

In the mean time, here are some juicy colored polymer clay items from a few of my fellow Polymer Clay Smooshers.  

The colors in this Candy Swirl Pendant by 2 Good Claymates remind me of a sweet juicy watermelon!
Candy Swirl Pendant by 2 Good Claymates
The wonderful color combination in this Copper Mica Shift and Klimt Cane Necklace by Creative Art Center,  reminds me of a nice juicy slice of watermelon!

Copper Mica Shift and Klimt Cane Necklace by Creative Art

Such wonderful colors in this Bright Polymer Clay Cuff Bracelet by Valerie's Stuff   I can just imagine a hot summer day eating a nice cold and juicy watermelon.

Bright Polymer Clay Cuff Bracelet by Valerie's Stuff

Oh, and speaking of Polymer Clay Smooshers, you might want check out the blog. The "3rd annual Masquerade Clay Ball" is coming up. It is a polymer clay challenge that is open to everyone.  Go check it out if you think you might be interested.


3 comments:

  1. Just curious, since ColtPixy resigned for health reasons, who is the curator of the Smoothers now? Lovely work by the way and always enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..I envy you your garden! The only thing that seems to flourish in my yard are the thistles! Thank you for featuring my bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Haffina is our new Smooshers guild leader.

    Somethings grow better in my garden than others. Watermelon and cantaloup grow somewhat, but I never get them to ripen.

    ReplyDelete