Friday, January 14, 2011

More Zendoodles/Zentangles

These are so addictive! And so much fun! This one is acrylic on canvas, 4" x 4". 

This didn't turn out quite like I wanted, but I'm thinking of maybe exploring this a little more.  I think some motifs will work better using paint and brush than others.  So I need to rethink it a bit.  I probably want to work a little larger on the next one.

Here are a couple more in black and white.  I got my order from Dick Blick this week, so I'm going to start using better paper for the black and white ones.

Currently, I'm working on making a Zendoodle box.  I plan to store my 'doodles in it instead of using a sketchbook.  Depending how the box turns out, depends on whether I post pictures of it or not. I've had one dismal failure in the box making department already.

I simplified what I'm attempting and am somewhat following the tutorial on Janville blog. I'm using cardstock and covering it with Zendoodles/Zentangles.  

Off I go to doodle.  And maybe make some apple-oatmeal bars. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Just a newbie, but I like what I see here. Have a wooden box with a rounded top that should be interested to do. (Yes, I'll start with the rectangular one first.)

    ReplyDelete