Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Valentine Hearts

In the past few days, I've completed a few new necklaces, mostly with heart pendants in anticipation of Valentine's day.

I had a bit of a hard time talking myself into creating hearts. I could hear the voice of my jewelery  teacher saying "Don't design out of a box of  Lucky Charms Cereal" (That meant no hearts, moons and whatever other things are that particular brand of cardboard box).

The same year I was taking that jewelry  class, I was taking a ceramic class as well.  That teacher wasn't very partial to hearts either, unless they were the anatomical variety.

Alas, art teachers.  Sometimes, they try so hard to make you broaden your creative horizons, they end up stifling it instead.

Anyway, these were fun to make and lightning didn't strike me dead in the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment