Thursday, January 20, 2011

Small Abstract

I finished a small abstract yesterday.  The darned thing took forever! Im going to let it set a couple of days and see if there is anything I desperately need to change. 

There are always things I wish I would have done different, but at some point you have to let it go and move on.  Otherwise I would be working on the sam painting forever.

This one is acrylic on canvas, 8" x 6".

I started another small one, but that wasn't my original plan.  It was one of those days.

I attempted to hook up the scanner to my poor pathetic computer and that failed spectacularly.  It wanted to install the driver.  The CD drive on my computer is dead.  Maybe if I could have found the disks with the driver it would have been on a floppy. (My floppy drive works) (I think)  My computer is set up with to dual boot, and I bet if I booted to Windows '98 the scanner would work.  Except, Win. '98 refuses to acknowledge my mouse.

So I moved the scanner to hubby's computer, where it failed as well.  Fine. Deal with it later.

So, I go out to the garage, to fire up my toaster oven to bake some beads.  Turn on the lights over my work bench. Poof. Blew a circuit.  I go and flip the switch for "garage outlets".  Nothing.  A couple more times. Nothing.  Fine. Too cold in the garage to deal with it anyway.

Nothing left to do but lock myself up in my room and paint.  Or go computer shopping. Or drink.

2 comments:

  1. The colour in your abstract is AWESOME and the shapes like something in SciFi! That is one bad day you were having there...hope painting helped...me thinks you're going to have to go computer shopping though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you :) Made some minor changes to the painting and posted a new picture.

    I need a new computer bad, but can't really afford one. I keep trying to get by with this one (I think I've had it about 8 years).

    ReplyDelete