Friday, September 17, 2010

Freeform Friday

I have a room full of UFO's (UnFinished Objects).  I've been working off and on finishing a few of them.

I started making some pillows a couple of years ago.  I finally finished three of them a couple of weeks ago.  The great thing is, that I got the pillow forms out of  my craft room! YAY!



The patchwork pillow on the left is made with random scraps - cotton, rayon, linen and mostly polyester.  Don't look too close or you will see crooked stitching and squares not matching up.

The pillow on the right is a crazy quilt with machine embroidery.  The buttons cover spots where my sewing machine decided to throw up.  I really enjoy this method of patchwork.  Freeform with fabric.


The last one is something I did long before we moved.  This was my first experiment with crazy quilting.  And with beads!  I discovered it in a drawer about a month ago and turned it into a pillow.

Now, then about the "Freeform Friday".  Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, there was a group of us little cube rats that designated Fridays as Freeform Discussion Fridays.  Mostly we were waiting for the mythical beer truck.

How does that relate to the here and now?  I have no idea, but as a blogger's prerogative, I am designating Fridays on my blog as "Freeform Fridays".


Alas, I'm still waiting for the beer truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment