Thursday, September 23, 2010

Goals and Challenges

I need inventory, and I need it bad!  I’ve been reading a lot of business information on the Etsy and ArtFire sites.  One tidbit of information I read o stated that you should have at least 100 pieces of inventory ready to sell!

I just about fell out of my chair when I read that! Holy Guacamole Batman!

Relax, breath deep and think.   

How am I going to do this?  I have some inventory already, but I’m going to pretend I don’t.  So how am I going to create 100 jewelry pieces?

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.  So, what I need to do is make this into small manageable “bites”.

The big question in my mind is: If I apply myself, I mean REALLY APPLY MYSELF, how many jewelry pieces and I make in day? A week? A month?

Lets say I give myself 4 weeks.  That works out to 25 pieces a week, or 3 - 4 a day.  That sounds doable! much less overwhelming than 100! 

So in 4 weeks I'm going to make 100 pieces of jewelry!

Currently, I'm waiting on an order from Fire Mountain, and I hope to get that in the next day or two.  In the meantime, I'm in polymer clay overdrive mode!  Cranking out some mean beads! 

By Saturday or Sunday, I should be ready to put some things together!  I'm actually going to shoot for 20 pieces over the weekend.  Lock myself in my little room and not come out until Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment