Monday, November 1, 2010

Necklaces to Fix

I did these three necklaces sometime back.  I should be pleased with them, but there is something wrong with each one of them. Now, it's nothing that can't be fixed, I just have to restring them.

I like how they look (for the most part) and you can't see the problems from the picture. Maybe no one else but me would notice, but it bugs me.

Starting with left and center necklaces - I stained the beads with pthalo blue acrylic paint to highlight the textures.  But, I failed to let the beads dry long enough after staining.  Now the cord has a faint blue stain.

The necklace on the right is strung on waxed linen cord.  As a matter of fact, it's more wax then linen. It feels nasty!  What was I thinking?  Bought the waxed linen at coughcoughWalmartcough.

So today's lessons are:

1. Wait for the paint to dry and give the beads ten minute in the oven. 
2.  Only buy bananas and T-shirts at Walmart, and never ever buy beading supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment